After more information? Click on one of the following links.
What we treat
- All acute and chronic musculoskeletal conditions
- Spinal pain, acute and chronic – cervical, thoracic, lumbar and sacral, including ‘sciatica’ and referred pain
- Sporting injuries
- Work injuries
- Non work injuries
- Non injury musculoskeletal pain – for example, OA, tendinopathy, plantar fasciitis and painful feet, shoulder pain, groin and hip pain
- Chronic localised and widespread musculoskeletal pain
Professional relationships are important to us. Feel free to contact Dr Bell to discuss your patient 03 9683010.
Consultations, procedures and fees
Consultations for conditions covered by ACC are free as long as referral criteria are met.
We are affiliated Providers for Southern Cross. This means that there is no charge for qualifying Southern Cross members for consultations and procedures. For other Health Insurers, patient fees vary depending on policy, as well as nature of the consultation and/or procedure. We can help advise your patient prior.
If your patient is not covered by ACC or Health Insurance then charges vary depending on the nature of the consultation (simple or complex) or procedure. You or your patient can contact us for further information.
PRP requires referral from a Health Professional. Why?
- We need to know details of the condition requiring treatment in order to provide the best treatment for the condition, so the more information you provide the better. In some instances we may contact you to discuss matters further.
- PRP treatment requires a program of rehabilitation afterwards, and this is best under the supervision of a Health Professional.
- The patient may not be suitable for PRP treatment (for example, relative contraindications to the use of PRP include thrombocytopenia, concurrent use of NSAIDS and Aspirin, pregnancy, and infection at the site of injection).
The service we provide includes obtaining informed consent, initial assessment under ultrasound, preparation of PRP and administration under ultrasound guidance. We’ll advise your patient of appropriate after-care and return to activity in the short term, and will return them to your care for ongoing rehabilitation advice.
You’ll need to counsel your patient that they should avoid any strenuous activity using the involved site for 1-2 weeks after PRP administration, with a graduated return to activity thereafter.
Please note that referral for PRP does not include a clinical assessment or diagnostic consultation. If you are uncertain if PRP is appropriate for your patient, feel free to contact us.
Cost of PRP: $700 first treatment. Second and third treatments $600 each (all 3 must be received within a 6 month period).
PRP treatment is not covered by ACC
Ultrasound Guided Steroid Injections
We are able to provide US Guided steroid injections as part of a consultation upon referral by a Health Professional. US Guided injections for ACC covered conditions may be provided as part of a consultation for that condition, and is ACC funded. Alternatively, the procedure may be covered by Health Insurance.