We've been offering PRP as a treatment for a range of musculoskeletal conditions for some years now. Anecdotally, the feedback from our patients is excellent, with most reporting moderate to excellent pain relief following treatment. Conditions we have had great results with include osteoarthritis, plantar fasciitis, tennis elbow and hamstring injuries.
Precision injection techniques are important to success of the procedure. PRP should be administered under ultrasound guidance by a skilled practitioner. Dr Bell is one of the most experienced and skilled point of care ultrasound (POCUS) clinicians in New Zealand, using state of the art equipment (Sonosite PX). Read more about his background here.
We are now able to offer PRP at substantially reduced cost. Conditions do apply.
- We are now able to offer PRP (single injection) at a cost of $600. If more than one injection is administered at the same session (that is, more than one body site treated), the cost is $400 for each additional injection
- The above cost covers the procedure only and not a clinical consultation
- The condition being treated must have been diagnosed by a health professional. For this reason a referral is required, giving details of the diagnosis, and results of investigations and treatment to date. This way, we can be certain the treatment is appropriate for your condition
- Depending on your initial response, up to 2 further treatments may be recommended (optional)
- Payment is required at the time of treatment.
Please note that there are some situations when PRP cannot be given:
- Into an artificial joint
- Into the spine
- Within 3 months of an injection of corticosteroid into the body being treated